Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 24: The nickel test is over





The tape came off last night at 6:30. Not a pretty sight. We first thought the redness was from the tape but come this AM, we've decided the redness is more likely a reaction. The redness is more acute on the titanium side than the cobalt side. So I decided to call the doctor's office and now have a 2PM appointment with the physician's assistant there to show him/her. I even put some photos on a CD to take with me. The top picture was taken within a minute of the tape removal last night. The middle picture is of my right arm this morning (titanium disk) and the one on the bottom is my left arm taken a couple of hours later (cobalt disk). I'll report back later on what the PA said.
I also called the surgery scheduler and left a voice mail saying the hematologist wants me asleep for the surgery. She may or may call me back or maybe I'll stop in to see her while I'm there.




No comments: