Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June 11, 2008: Sad News


We got up this morning to discover our cat Shadow, who would've been 13 next week, died during the night. Not sure why although he had gotten slightly wheezy again in the last few weeks. This picture is of Shadow, in one of his "fad" spots to sleep, a spot where he liked to nap during the day for a few weeks.

In the meantime, I worked 5 hours yesterday and 4 hours today, which was especially tough. Between thinking about Shadow and being busy and having pain in the neck customers, my knees, especially the right one, was really achy by the time I got home. I'm glad I'm off tomorrow and Friday but I do have to work 5 hours on Saturday, from 1-6PM in the same "Better Casuals" department I was in today. After today, seriously considering not returning there after recovering from surgery. I will have to find some other job that doesn't require being on my feet all the time.

No comments: