Saturday, June 21, 2008

June 21, 2008: Happy Birthday, Andy!

Today is my youngest son's 22nd birthday. He arrived at 10:08AM, 4 weeks early. Due July 20, he was scheduled to be born (I knew I was having a csection) 4 weeks early, at 6 lbs. 1 oz., not tiny, and had to trouble. He stayed in the NICU for only 6 hours and then sent to the regular nursery after that. And now he's 22, is a recent college graduate, and is working and living in the Boston area! 22 years flew by!
Meanwhile, I am so sick of this nickel allergy testing to be over with. The tape, the disks, the incovenience are driving me nuts. I haven't taken a shower since Monday night, although I've taken some crummy baths! Washing hair in the kitchen sink isn't fine=makes my neck ache for a day afterwards. Sleeping with the tape unraveling isn't fun. Not taking allergy medication isn't fun. Yesterday I went to work and the lady in the dresses, where I was to spend the afternoon, thought I wouldn't be able to handle putting away the dresses alone (I'd be alone) because I can;t carry things on my arms because of the tape. So I got moved to anotehr department (and went to 1 more, and actually ended the day back in dresses for 1/2 an hour). I am scheduled to be in dresses again today. And guess what, I am alone and I have to open the register or 2 or 3 or 4. And I've never done that before. I'm just working until 1:30. Then I'm coming home to go to sleep. I really don't feel like working but really need the money so I'm going. I can't tell you how much I'd like to not go in!The testing ends Monday at 6:30PM, exactly 1 week after it started.

No comments: