Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16, 2008: An unexpected call

This afternoon I got an unexpected phone call from Barbara, the surgery scheduler at the ortho office, saying the disks for the nickel allergy tests had come in. She gave me instructions on what to do with them as well. I went over to the office, going down a skunky-smelling Osborne Street, and picked them up. I also stopped at RiteAid to get paper tape, as instructed to use to hold the disks in place. After dinner and a shower-since I'd have to put plastic wrap on each taped area I showered tonight even though I showered last night, lol-, Henry put each disk on me. One says CO on it, which we think means Cobalt and the other says TI which we think means Titanium. So I have to keep these disks on me for 7 days or until I get a reaction from 1 or both of them or get no reaction from 1 or both of them. As of right now, the tape is getting annoying! I'll be curious to see how everything feels tomorrow morning.
And my platelets seem to be doing well. I bumped into an upright log yesterday in the garage and it fell on my foot. It hurt! No bruise ! I was happy since this meanas my platelets are probably doing well. I'll be seeing the hematologist a week from today and I'll be curious to hear what he has to say about the upcoming surgery. He was concerned when I mentioned just the possibiltiy of this surgery back in September. I got the impression from him that I.T.P. and partial knee replacements don't mix well. But Dr. Schweitzer said anything 50,000 or better should and it hasn't been that low in almost 4 years, and that was only when I had a tick bite!

No comments: