Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday August 5, 2009: Ortho visit for the hip

I had my follow up appointment with the ortho today for my hip shot. The hip is looking good. He was very happy the shot worked. No renewal of PT prescription=just finish one of the two more sessions scheduled as PT guy has to close out my case. He mentioned hip resurfacing if necessary, if it really starts bothering me but doesn't need a total hip replacement. It replaces part of the joint, not the full thing, He warned me the huge bruise could spread to my toes (it's almost there already). Now supposedly, I don't need to go back to the ortho office (except for the PT in the same building tomorrow) until January. I hope that actually happens!

As far as the hip resurfacing goes, it sounds good to me, although, obviously, I hope it doesn't become necessary. It can be done when your hip need something but it's not so bad that it needs a total replacement, and it leaves things in tact so that if you do need a hip replacement down the line, it can be done. Sort of like my partial knee replacement which can, when necessary, be made into a total knee replacement. It's also minimally invasive, like the PKR versus the TKR.

No comments: