Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday August 27,2009

I realized I forgot to post an update on my Tuesday rheumy appointment. Nothing very exciting. She was surprised to hear about the hip. She got the report on the hip cortisone shot but not the MRI report that went with it so Tuesday afternoon, I called the ortho office to have them fax it over to the rheumy office. She told me to take the Darvocet if my hip hurts so much that Tylenol doesn't help. Since it makes me feel odd, I'll have to save it for bedtime. She also told me when I mentioned that the ortho mentioned Supartz into the hip that it is really only done at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. Although off-label, they can get it approved there by insurance companies. And she said that shoulder shots are now on label, insurance is reluctant to pay for them.

Yesterday I drove up to Kent to see my friend Laura there and managed to leave/drop my MedicAlert bracelet somewhere between there and home. I did odds and ends when I got home and then discovered that it was missing. Fortunately this morning, she sent me an email saying she had found it and will be sending it to me.

Feeling a bit sniffly today. I hope it goes away. I am wearing my sneakers today and it seems to be okay (so far).

No comments: