Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday April 27, 2009

Today we received a wedding invitation to my cousin's son's wedding in June in a Boston suburb. The groom is the young man who just returned from Iraq. After the wedding, he and his new wife will be moving to FOrt Dix (in New Jersey) for the next couple of years. His mother is very grateful he won't be returning to Iraq at least for those 2 years. The wedding is on a Friday afternoon at 4PM at the bride's family's house. We really didn't want to drive home after the festivities but we really didn't want to spend the money on a hotel room. So fate kicked in! Andy (youngest son), who lives Cambridge/Boston and his GF made reservations tonight to leave for the Azores to visit my sister on the night of the wedding so we're actually going to spend the night at his apartment, sharing the bed with his kitten, which should be fun. They will be up here in a couple of weeks and will give us an extra set of keys to the apartment so we can just let ourselves in. My plan is to use my own Macy's coupon this week and buy a set of nice towels in a neutral color for a wedding present. And since I'm working in dresses on Thursday, I'm going to take a look around. I honestly can't remember when I last bought a dress, except for a cotton tee-shirt dress from LL Bean a few years ago! It should be interesting finding shoes to wear, although I have black heels I can always wear (I'll have other shoes in the car!)

Meanwhile, my sister is going to be making a quilt for my office where I am sitting now. It will be a wall hanging. My assignment is to go to the fabric store and buy the fabric which my son will take with him when he goes to the Azores. So I have to do that in the next couple of weeks, along with getting her some Twizzlers and other goodies for her that he'll stick in his suitcase.

Tomorrow morning is my ortho appointment and I hopefully will come home with some answers. My feet are still hurting but not as much as they were last week when it was pouring out. On a good note, my new knee feels fine and my other knee hasn't been so achy either. I'm guessing it's all the warm, dry weather we've had the last few days. Tomorrow is the last day of warm temps and then it's back to the 60s-no more 80s and low 90s

No comments: