Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday April 20, 2009




I meant to write this yesterday but somehow the day passed and I never did! We had a very very busy Saturday. We went to Cambridge to see Andy. Due to parking permit issues, we had to meet him (and his girlfriend) at a T-station down the line from where he lives, where there was also a humongous parking garage. I went up and down stairs like I hadn't in probably a year and a half. We took the T to Somerville and had brunch at Renee's. I had French toast with chocolate sauce and raspberries! Yum! Then we took the T to Brookline to see my old house. where I lived until the end of 3rd grade, in June, 1963, when we then moved to NYC. The brick wall in front of the house wasn't there when we lived there. Andy kept asking me why my parents sold the house and moved to NYC because the house is amazing. We also saw the park across the street from it where I used to climb trees and go to an annual Easter egg hunt. Then we took the T back to Cambridge to his apartment where we met the darling Sasha kitten. Not a great picture (see above) but the only one you can actually see her. Then we walked to Harvard Yard. On the way, Allen called to say if it would be okay to have dinner with Kathy's parents as well as them once we got there. Once at Harvard Yard, I thought about my parents being there, as my mother was class of 1940. Lots of tourists and others around. Then we took the T back to where the car was parked, drove the kids back tio Andy's apartment and left for Easthampton to see Allen and Kathy-this around 3:30ish maybe. We got to Easthampton, met their new cat too (forgot to take a picture) and then went out to dinner at a diner we've been to with them. We met Kathy's parents there too. Nice dinner, although the waitress forgot a lot of things. Then we drove home. Having left the house at 8AM and arriving home at about 8:45PM, it was a long day but a great day. I could never have walked that much a year ago without terrible swelling in my right knee and terrible pain. Thank you, Oxford Partial Knee Replacement! My left knee (unreplaced but with its worsening issues) survived too but was a little achy. Leg muscles -mainly calf-were a bit stiff yesterday but are feeling better today.
I'm not working this week but am working next week, but at the end of the week so it's like having 2 weeks off again, unless I get called in to work unexpectedly. We shall see.

No comments: