Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday April 24, 2009: Da Feet

I was supposed to have my ortho appointment today for my feet and ankles, but unfortunately, yesterday afternoon, it was cancelled. He would not be in at the office today. I was given a choice of taking a "if there is a cancellation, we'll call you" appointment for next Thursday but I said that wouldn't work as I have to work. Then she said I could see one of the other orthos Friday (today) in the RIdgefield office, one whom I had never had any contact with. I said no. I was about to ask if Dr. Schweitzer would be available, but suddenly there was an appointment free for next Tuesday afternoon. So I'm going then. Meanwhile, my foot pain has lessened. The more time goes by, the more I am convinced I have foot and ankle arthritis. I was looking at the AAOS site yesterday and found this article with a diagram that shows where foot arthritis develops and those spots are where my feet ache (in addition to other problems, though):

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00209

And I think my foot pain has lessened because it's no longer raining and the pain index is no longer at 8. There is more going on in there than possible arthritis (and it is just my guess that's the issue). Hopefully Tuesday I'll get an xray of my feet and see what shows up. Meanwhile there is also that tendon in the front of my leg and my arches are still hurting. I guess I'll update after my Tuesday afternoon appointment, unless something exciting happens between now and then!

No comments: