Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday April 28, 2009: Da Feet, Part Deux

I had my ortho appointment with Dr. Gray today for my feet and ankles. Lots of xrays were taken so he could check all the nooks and crannies, bones, etcetera. I do NOT have any signs of arthritis in my feet or ankles.. I don't have flat feet. At the moment, there is no swelling. I do have a bone spur by the arch but he said that is nothing that would be causing the current pains (which are far less because of the nice weather this week compared to last week). He thinks it is a soft tissue issue probably and after I go back in 2 weeks with my existing orthotics and the sandals that I have for pronating feet, he will decide what to do, but he thinks I just need some OTC orthotics for the pronating at this point. He also gave me 2 tubes of Voltaren to try on my feet. I have tried it previously on my (now replaced) right knee and it did nothing but it was probably too far gone by then and not used for long enough to have any impact. He also thinks at least part of the problem might be related to the funny walk I had for months too. He also was very pleased with the good outcome of the PKR and was happy that sending me to get it done was a good decision. WHen I mentioned the other knee getting worse, he said I could get that one replaced eventually too! Hopefully not too soon---he remembers how much surgery I've had in the last 18 months, since he did 2 out of the 3. Dr. Gray also said it could be an alignment problem caused by the funny walking and now the new knee. he checked the tendon and of course, today it isn't sore like it sometimes is. He said it wasn't swollen or hot today but could get a shot of cortisone when it does act up.
So I go back again on May 12.

No comments: