Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday Feb. 18, 2009

Well, I see I have my first ads on the blog. Yesterday I figured out what the pain in front of my leg is: anterior tibial tendonitis. Fortunately, it seems to come and go based on how much walking I do during the day, although that's not always the case. My diagnosis was confirmed by someone on the Knee GEeks board who is a doctor and I thank her for it.

I found a bunch of Facebook groups for knees. Sometimes you forget most people don't have knee issues but apparently enough have them to make groups on Facebook. So far I've found:

I Have Bad Knees
Knee Replacement Group
We Are Knee Geeks
Oxford Partial Knee (which is what I have)
Knee Surgery Appreciation Society

I've joined all. There are also a few ITP/blood disorder groups as well which I've also joined:

ITP-Platelet Disorder Support Association
Blood Disorders Awareness
ITP-Spreading Awareness

Now somebody just needs to make a hybrid group of these 2 subjects! I won't but it sounds like an interesting thing to ponder!

Yesterday I got a bill from CFO for my cortisone shot from the end of January. $183.36 after all the charges and credits. Very glad we have an HRA which paid the bill.

So that's it for now.

No comments: