Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday, Feb. 5, 2009


On Jan. 27, after increasing pain over the weekend, I called CFO for an appointment with Dr. Schweitzer which I was lucky enough to get the next day. The bursa located below and medial in my right knee (pes bursa I now know it's called, thanks to my friends at Knee Geeks) was aching-the same one I was having issues with before Dr. Gray sent me to see Dr. Schweitzer to discuss replacement. He gave me a cortisone shot in the area that caused a nasty bruise. But the bursa is generally feeling better than it had been. We aldo discussed numb knee and nerve weirdness which he explained, but I can't explain myself so I won't. He also said I don't have to come back for a year (not in the fall) but a year from now, January 2010 and I already have an appointment for that, with the appointment reminder card stapled to the Dec. 2009 page of our calendar. He said my knee is still doing very well and said the incision will fade to white eventually. The picture there is of the bruise.

Yesterday, Feb. 4, marked the year anniversary of my last arthroscopic surgery on my left torn medial meniscus. I discovered yesterday, by rereading my orthopedic history document that apparently with that surgery, I have only 50% of that meniscus left, which isn't good news. Hopefully what is left in there will last a while.

Meanwhile I am getting ready to sell some pink Depression glass in hopes of making some much needed money! Awaiting an email from the NYPL about the value of the plates of one pattern that the Danbury Library couldn't find. It will take a couple of days to get that information. DPL gave me information on a different pattern and guestimating, I think the total value of everything is about $300. The patterns are Arcadian Pink by Tiffin-Franciscan and Florentine #1 in pink by Hazel Adams (I did get values for the Florentine pattern ). I'm going to first list the stuff on Craig's List because it's free and then try eBay if necessary.

I worked 4 hours this week and I have a feeling I'm not on the schedule for next week. Not surprising news as it's happening to everyone.

Just printed all my old posts on this blog preparing to make a My Knee notebook which will be funny to look at some day.

No comments: