Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday, Feb, 26, 2009

Good morning! Nothing very exciting going on knee-wise which is a good thing. I did, however, call Connecticut Family Orthopedics yesterday to request the surgical notes from my PKR and the surgical notes from my February 2008 surgery. I was curious to read what was said in the PKR and with the February surgery, I want to find out where and how big the defect Dr. Gray found in my left knee. I had to send in a form available on CFO's web site which I put in the mail yesterday. I could've faxed it to them but that would've meant going down to Staples and paying for the fax. So it went in the regular mail. They'll probably get it today and if I'm lucky, I'll get the reports by Wednesday of next week at the latest. I was tempted to get all of my medical records but since I've been going there for 7 years, the cost would have been too much, although it probably would've been interesting to read all that and see how all this orthopedic stuff began back in 2002.
I realized Wednesday evening that in the last year I've lost about 9 pounds. I know most of the weight loss is due to the increased level of exercise and I have basically stopped drinking soda. And not having cookies around a lot has helped, although I sure haven't stopped making cakes and having desserts! 1 Pop Tart (hot fudge sundae) for dessert toasted has been working for me lately!
I did start a family group on Facebook for Burkats and Gumners. It took a lot more work than I anticipated but it's been worth it. I haven't included any of my evil post-surgical knee pictures and people should be happy I didn't!

No comments: