Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Feb. 7, 2010: A long weekend

This weekend seemed very long. It was supposed to snow late late Friday night into Saturday but it didn't. However, south of here, there was a WHOLE lot more snow.
Thursday I started feeling sniffy and by Friday afternoon, I had a full-blown cold. No fever, just lots of nose blowing and sneezes. And then my PKR leg decided to return to the cramping it had after the PKR: the calf, hamstring and right behind the knee would clamp down tight. It is still doing it, but not doing it quite as much. On a good note about, it seems to take away from the left knee waiting for its TKR, which still hurts, but not as noticeably when I'm trying to ignore the cramping pain! Hopefully that will ease up. Today I'm still blowing my nose but have only sneezed about 4 times, and that wasn't until around 8PM and in one big sneezing attack.


So tomorrow morning, I have to take the Subaru in to get the license plates put on since the dealer neglected to give us screws for the front license plate required in CT. I'll go there before I had to Ridgefield to get my airplane drugs for my trip. She’ll probably check me out due to the cold and I'll tell her about the upcoming TKR. I'm also bringing the paper that has the information about the autologous blood donation and iron recommendations to see what she says about that. Hopefully tomorrow the hematology office will call back, speaking of the blood donation. I'll probably make the appointment for the donation tomorrow too, for the day of the joint replacement class, which the paper says they like to do.

No comments: