Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Feb. 26, 2010: MRI Scan Day

MRI scan for the custom implant today at the hospital. I had been very nervous last night and finally decided I would take ½ of an Ativan pill from my prescription for the trip next week. Henry didn’t break it very evenly so I took more like ¾ of the pill. It was snowing this morning so Henry drove me. The scan was about 2 hours, with a short break in the middle. Technician called me skinny (not really am) and then a troublemaker being skinny and having already an knee implant, when I mentioned it. That knee was kept away sort of from the knee being scanned. I dozed a lot through the 2nd half of the scan. We came home, had lunch, and then tried to take a nap in bed but couldn’t sleep so I came downstairs and watching curling at the Olympics while my husband was working. I managed to doze off and on with that. I woke completely when I heard my cell phone ring upstairs. I'm glad that's over with. I was told the technician would be sending the scans "on the internet" to Biomet and I was given a large envelope with the actual scans. I'm supposed to give them to my ortho the next time I see him, which isn't until April 9.
I am trying to stop wondering that someone looking at the scans will wonder why I am getting a TKR!! Nutty but true!

No comments: