Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Feb. 22, 2010: Cortisone shot day

I got my shot in my left knee this morning in preparation for my trip. The office again was running late. That never happened before. I don't know if they're trying to get more patients in an hour or what (or their new computer system is causing problems-which is was last time). Anyway, he gave me the shot. We discussed and poked at the other knee. I described where and when that knee is hurting (going down stairs and bent when I drive mostly) and he said that is kneecap/patella issues---arthritis----and possibly in another spot where it's hard to tell because it's still numb there from the PKR (nerves haven't regenerated completely-smaller area than at first). He said when it gets troublesome, we'll check that one out. He doesn't like to go in arthroscopically to see what is going on because that in itself can stir up problems. It is feeling better. I am no longer having the muscle cramps since I seem to have figured out what motions trigger them (although when they first started 10 or so days ago, they'd just cramp up for some reason) so I avoid those motions. I don't see him again until my pre-op in April so he told me to have a nice trip:)
So Friday I have the MRI for the implant scan---closed machine but my head will be sticking out. And they have it in their records (noted when I made the appointment) that I am slightly claustrophobic so they're prepared if there is a problem.

No comments: