Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday Jan. 26, 2010: Big News!

I saw my ortho today for a one year check up on the PKR right knee and had a chance to discuss my ever-worsening left knee. He poked, looked at the xray of the left knee, discussed the pain, where it is, how much it hurts, and he said whenever I'm ready, I should call the surgery scheduler to schedule a total knee replacement. The pain isn't all in one place as it was with the other knee, it's much more diffused across the whole knee, which is why he said it is better to have the one surgery and replace it all rather than having the partial knee replacement and needing another surgery in a couple of years. So I cancelled the appointment I made to see him next week about that knee and have instead an appointment to see him about a week before I go to the Azores when he'll give me a cortisone shot in that knee to get through the trip. He said they're already almost booked for MArch for surgeries,and I don't want to do it in March anyway, but I'm thinking toward the end of April or the beginning of May.

No comments: