Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jan. 21, 2010: Happy Birthday Demian and I bit the bullet

First, happy birthday to my nephew. It's hard to believe he's 39!

Second, this morning, I went to the mall (Macy's) to shop for my upcoming trip to the Azores. Not a particular successful one, but it was much easier to try clothes wearing my new clog-style (slip on, no-laces) Merrell shoes. Henry also wanted me to look for a new key ring for him while I was there, so I headed out to the rest of the mall (Macy's is at the very end of one side). I could barely walk, my left knee (the non-replaced one) was hurting so much, I didn't even bother to go more than 1/2 down the length of the mall (it's New England's biggest mall so it's pretty big). It was then I decided I had to bite the bullet and act proactively. I have an appointment on Tuesday to see the ortho for a year check up on the replaced knee. I am pretty sure he doesn't/won't discuss my other knee at the same appointment, so I made myself an appointment to see him about the other knee the following week, as he's all booked up for next week. If he's willing to discuss that knee on Tuesday, then I'll cancel the other appointment. But at least for now, I have one. And if he agrees it's time for the TKR, I'd like to do it in late April or May. What a pain it is!!!

No comments: