Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Jan. 29, 2010: A surgery date is set

The surgery scheduler called me this morning. We have a date of April 21 (a Wednesday), first thing in the morning. I'll be seeing other doctors in the practice for 2 days afterwards (while in the hospital) as he'll be away, but I can live with that. I am also registered for the mandatory (apparently not mandatory for the PKR) joint replacement class at the hospital on March 16 where you also get to meet the anesthesia team (individually). A pre-surgical blood donation for myself from me will also be done, as long as my hemo says it's fine (which I can't see why not). I'll be seeing him mid-March and will discuss the whole thing then, including required platelet count for the surgery. I now also have a pre-op appointment set up with my regular doctor and one with the ortho. Then this afternoon, as I was walking into Sear's, I got another call from her on my cell phone. I have to have a special MRI ASAP at the hospital as the ortho uses a customized implant.

http://www.biomet.com/mySignatureSolution/

So now I'm waiting for a call from the hospital for that. It's a good thing I'm not working next week!

No comments: