Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday October 5, 2009: Supartz shots okayed!

Technically insurance wasn't required but the company did tell the nurse from the rheumy office that it would be covered 80% until I get to my out of pocket max (I am about $135 from there) and then they'll be covered 100%. So for now, I am set. I have appointments made already for the 1st, 2nd and 4th shots (the 4th one was an appointment I had made in August for a check in there) and will make the other appointments the next time I'm there, which will be on Oct. 28 for the first shot.
I also saw my primary care doctor today, having a BP recheck again to see if the new pills were working okay. I told her about the hip MRI results and she wanted to know if I was going to do anything about the problem yet (other than the hip cortisone shot I already had) and I told her at this point, I wasn't, but I was pretty sure something will be done in the future, mentioning the hip resurfacing possibility.

No comments: