Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday July 31, 2009 Update on the shot and a calf issue

It's now been 9 days since the cortisone shot in my hip and I would say that it worked. There is still an occasional twinge but nothing like before. I am getting backaches if I lean over too much (it happened at work last Sunday and earlier this week when I washed the cars) but maybe it won't happen now that more time has passed. I am working tomorrow and Sunday and then won't be working for a couple of weeks since we're going away on vacation!

Meanwhile, however, during PT this Wednesday, my right calf has tightened up terribly. The PT guy rubbed it and massaged it while I was there which helped slightly. But yesterday it was REALLY tight all day, and occaisonally the small area on the lateral side of my right knee, on top, was tightening too and looked a little swollen. Last night I took a Flexeril and a bath before bed so my calf would loosen up. I woke up and it was slightly looser than it had been. Today, I didn't have usual PT guy but a PT woman instead who checked things out and had me stretch the calves (both) on an incline gadget. That really stretched it but it is still sore. There is a good size bruise there too from rubbing it so much! But at least the knee spot isn't so bad today. Hopefully I'll make it through the 4 hours of work tomorrow and the 4 hours of work Sunday.

Next week brings PT on Monday, a follow up on the shot with Dr. Rogell on Wednesday, and PT Thursday and Friday, which should be the end of it. I don’t think I’ll need any more as the hip feels much better----and if I continue to do more of the exercises!

No comments: