Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday July 6, 2009: MRI day

Firstly, happy birthday to my nephew Oliver.
I called at 9AM the phone number I was given on Thursday for the MRI place and discovered it wasn't my usual place. However, they had an opening at 1:30, so I made the appointment and then made an appointment at the ortho's for Thursday afternoon to get results. The MRI place, in Brewster, is actually in a shopping center next to a UPS store! Not the same amenities as my usual place-no music, no stars to stare at during the scan, but the scan was done. It was the most uncomfortable MRI I ever had. No contrast, but in order to get the hips in the right position, my feet had to strapped together in a pigeon-toed position for the entire scan. Not fun, but when I had the xrays at the ortho's last week, my feet had to be in that same position so I guess it was necessary. Also my lower back hurt and the hip bursitis area wasn't comfortable either. I was given the CD with the scans on it and the report will be sent to the ortho office by Thursday.
Then this evening, I managed to slip on the bathroom floor but didn't land on the new part of the knee, only the thigh and the area right under the knee cap. I've iced it and hopefully will not have a future problem because of it!
More on Thursday after my ortho appointment (which isn't until 3PM).

No comments: