Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday May 30, 2009: MRI is scheduled

When I got home from work on Thursday the 28th, Henry told me that Arthritis Associates called to say I didn’t need pre-approval for the MRI and I should call Northeast Radiology for an appointment. So I called and have an appointment for Monday June 1 at 11AM. I was offered appointments for Friday or Saturday but each happened to fall in the 4-hour period I was scheduled to work on those days so I took the Monday appointment. I got a reminder call on Friday afternoon before work. I need to be there between 10:30 and 10:45 for paper work. The appointment, btw, is for an open machine in the Brewster office, which is very convenient to home. Hoping to have to pick up the disk before my appointment so I’ll get to see (possibly) the report before my June 16 appointment, although if there is something bad (like some kind of tear-which I doubt), I’ll get a call before that.

And my new knee has been doing very well this week, with all the hours I've worked, including several days in a row. I'm working tomorrow for 6 hours and then I'm off until Thursday.



On my Google alerts for knee replacement earlier this week, there was a link to an article that was mangled by a web site. I contacted the writer who liked my silly knee pictures. I think it's the funniest thing (only because of the manging) I've ever read about knee issues. It makes me wonder if people with knee issues should've used more Tilex (read the article to see why I ay that)! Here is a link to the mangled article:

http://www.knowreally.com/insurance/surgical-treatment-of-knee-knee-arthroscopy/

No comments: