Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wednesday May 27, 2009: The shoulder

I'm home from my appointment. Other knee wasn't touched, but discussed briefly. We discussed the posterior tibial tendinitis. SHe poked my shoulder and determined it is mostly the bicep tendon again which is causing the most pain. So I got a shot in the tendon (done anteriorally) and I found out it's Kenalog in the shot, with Marcane (sorry if I'm misspelling those). We also discussed the fact that I've had numerous issues with the shoulder (right) and haven't had an MRI of it in at least 4 years so another will be done---waiting for a call. The prescription for it actually says "persistent pain despite cortisone x3. R/O rotator cuff tear." Hopefully there isn't a rotator cuff tear----that was the reason given for my 1st shoulder MRI so I shouldn't be surprised to see those words again. We also discussed that there is some syndrome or disorder (can't recall the name) that causes multiple tendon issues, but she doubts that's the problem since I have known looser joints making repetitive injuries easier. She also mentioned (we discussed a lot) that Supartz has now been approved for shoulders. which might be an option, along with some more PT. I go back on June 16, which is when I had my original appointment scheduled for to get the results of the MRI and if my other shoulder is bothering me then (it isn't nearly as bad as the right shoulder), maybe I'd get a shot in it then.

No comments: