Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday May 12, 2009: Back to the ortho

Back to see the ortho this morning with all my shoes and orthotics in tow in a Trader Joe's bag. He told me to stop the Voltaren, which I was using sporadically anyway. He is worried about stomach issues (and starting to think about it, I came home from the Chinese restaurant, had the Mobic right away [usually take in the middle of dinner, not at the end], had cake a while later and a while later threw up). He went through all my shoes, saying the Easy Spirit ones didn't have enough of a stiff sole and they aren't a good choice. He really likes my Ryka shoes (as I expected). The CRocs are fine (just keeping an eye on the ankle) as are the sandals for pronating feet. He also went through all my orthtics and said a pair I got in the brand (Soft Sole) recommended way back in October by a doctor (a knee patient) on my knee board, probably were the ones I should be using. So I came home and switched out my old orthotics for them. I had only used them a couple of times back then (not really rbeaking them in) but he said to try them again. Meanwhile, he is still worried about the tendon thingp---forgot, stupidly, to ask for a shot and he didn't mention it-so to make sure there is nothing else going on in there, I also mentioned the bike issue and he said that might explain things. However, lowering the seat, although possibly good for the ankle, might not be so good for the knee! Can't win! We'll see which body part wins. I've lowered the seat but haven't noticed any difference yet (although I didn't bike alll weekend and Monday as kids were staying in that room). He wants me to have an MRI of my ankle and lucky for me, Northeast Radiology called this afternoon and had an opening tomorrow morning for the Sandpit office where there is the extremity MRI machine. Once that appointment was made, I had to call back CT Family Orthopedics to make an appointment for the follow up on the MRI. That is scheduled for this Friday afternoon so I don't have to wait too long.

No comments: