Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday June 1, 2009: Shoulder MRI

I had the scan this morning. My head was in between 2 round things so I was the sandwich in a hamburger roll! But I could look out and see the wall where they had clouds painted. I used a spot on them as a focal point. And I managed to doze off. At one point, I remember waking up and moving my leg. At the end of the scan, the technician told me she did do one rescan because I moved, but apparently more than just my leg! I'm glad she didn't tell me while doing it that she was going to need to rescan something again! No headphones for the MRI room. It's through a speaker system. In the web site below (the practice's site), I had it in the middle picture labeled Open MRI but my head was where the person in the picture's feet are and my feet were where her head is. The bottom picture is of the extremity MRI which I've used for a knee and an ankle.

http://nerad.com/mri.htm

The disk with the scan will be delivered to the rheumy office. I don't need to pick it up so I won't get a sneak peak of the report. Hopefully, the rheumy PA will call me if there is something significant found on the scan, so I don't have to wait until June 16, which is when my next appointment is with her.

No comments: