Monday, July 7, 2008

July 7, 2008: Nickel Allergy Testing, Round 2

Got my skin patch stuff put on me---everything from nickel to wool to balsam of Peru and fragrances to materials used in antibiotic creams to adhesives used in bandages and postage stamps on me-12 tests on this one patch, including nickel. It;s a panel thing stuck to my back. I discovered the manufacturer of this test, Mekos Laboratories, is in Denmark, in Hillerod. and the test itself is made there. The doctor also stuck the 2 disks, cobalt and titanium, back on my arms, but on the upperarm. He told me if they need more tape to add it to the top, not take off the tape he put on. No showers for me until Wednesday evening as my appointment isn't until after 5PM on Wednesday. The doctor also said that the week long test I had was far too long and it weasn't necessary to do it for that long! I'm also supposed to not get hot or sweaty!!
This is test, panel 1.1:

TRUE TEST dermatitis and contact allergy testing

The results will be sent to the ortho. office Thursday, I figure, since my appointment is so late on Wednesday and ortho. office closes at 5ish.

No comments: