Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday Nov. 5, 2009: I learn something new about my knee

I forgot to write yesterday. I had my 2nd Supartz shot. I also brought along with me the xrays the ortho. wanted me to show whomever at the rheumatology office. The PA looked at the one which has both knees in it and said that my left (non-replaced) knee is wearing down evenly and when I need a replacement, I won't be able to have a unicomparmental as I did with the right knee. She said I'll need a TKR. She also said my left knee cap was very loose, noticing this while getting ready to do the shot. No bruise from the shot today so I guess my platelet count must be decent! I'll be finding that out in a couple of weeks. She also said the doctor will be doing the next shot next week because she'll be off that day.

No comments: