Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday March 23, 2009

After Friday's awful hamstring pain all that afternoon and evening, I went to bed after taking a Flexeril (a muscle relaxant) which finally loosened the muscle(s) that were so tight. Saturday, I worked again but tried wearing my good Ryka walking shoes instead to see if that helped or at least eased any muscle issues that would come up while I worked. It did the trick as far as the hamstring went but my ankle area still hurt. But it was an improvement.
After a suggestion by someone on the Knee Geeks site, yesterday I returned to my 3 times a day post-partial knee replacement exercises that strengthen the quad and stretch the calf and hamstring. So far I've noticed some improvement, but that might be all in my head. I did the exercises again 3 times a day today and will continue to do so until further notice, unless I can't do all of 3 sessions in one day because of something going on (like work), which probably won't be happening any time soon again unless something shows up on the self-serve menu.

Today we've also decided we'll be going up to Boston/Cambridge to see Andy again on April 18.

No comments: