Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday March 25- Friday April 2, 2010: A crazy week

Friday April 2, 2010: Crazy week. Tuesday at 4:40, I got a call from Danbury Hospital about my ortho wanting me to have an MRI of knee and thigh STAT because there is a cyst in there. Knowing nothing, the hospital person said she’d call the ortho office. No call back. It was a long night! Wednesday March 31, I call the ortho office and sure enough, yes I need one. So I call the hospital and make an appointment. Meanwhile, I realize I forgot to ask ortho person something. So I call afterwards: I need to know will my surgery be cancelled or postponed because of this? The answer is no. A lot of relief! Shortly after that, ortho surgery person (not the usual one), whom I had learned the hospital had left a voice mail with last night, called me back and confirmed everything I had been told. Then I was about to leave for work when Henry said there was a voice mail, so I listened and it was the hospital MRI department. Because the MRI was to with and without contrast and I’m on BP medicine, I had to have blood work done and it had to be done that day. So after work, I had to run over to CFO and get a prescription for the blood work and then go to the hospital lab on Sandpit Rd. I took care of that. Thursday April 2 (yesterday) in the afternoon, I took Ativan for the MRI before we left the house. Jonathan drove me. I felt fine. But when I had to lay down on the bed for the MRI, I got dizzy but it passed. The scan proceeded fine until it was time to add the contrast (near the end). I mistakenly told them to do it in my left arm but the vein blew (the contrast started coming out of the spot) – do not get injections/whatever in the same spot as where blood was drawn less than 24 hours before. But then things were okay for the rest of the scan. When it was done, I got up and promptly got very dizzy again. I sat a few times on the way back to the changing room. While changing, I got dizzy again but it passed. I finally got home exhausted. Then last night, the primary doctor called back to say my cholesterol was even higher than before. I’m making it, although I had modified my diet. Oy!!!! Oh, and I forgot to mention that the cyst is something I have had for 15+ years-never think about it, doesn't bother me.

No comments: