Sunday, August 10, 2008

Aug. 10, 2008: Nothing New!

Haven't updated in a week as nothing much has happened. Feeling achy because I ran out of Celebrex but have now ordered some and hopefully they will arrive the first half of this coming week. WHen I rodered it, I discovered the copay had gone from $137 (not cheap to begin with) to $150. Thinking after this refill (and there are none left anyway), I may change medications although it works very well. $150 is really expensive!
Last Saturday we went to Massachusetts to see Allen and Kathy and to have a BBQ with Kathy's parents. Unfortunately the weather wasn't so great but it was nice to see every one. And we got Polar Soda that we ordered through Allen and schlepped it home.

We had mice issues this week in the kitchen. I cleaned out everything and put new shelf paper in, but there might still be something there. HATE HATE HATE mice. On a brighter note, I tried a recipe for fish tacos and the limey coleslaw that goes with them was yummy.

I'll be telling work this week (probably will go in on Wednesday as I don't work until Saturday) about the surgery and will tell them my last day of work can be Sept. 13. Then I'll go on leave. Not sure how long I have to be out from work but as much as I'm not thrilled with the job, at least I'll know I have something to go back to (hopefully) when I can.

And I got a call from my friend Maria who has found out she has mild lupus. I'll be meeting her Tuesday morning (my anniversary morning) at Windmill Diner for coffee/tea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Jane Eaton and i would like to show you my personal experience with Celebrex.

I have taken for 11 months. I am 39 years old. Celebrex works too well, which is why it is so dangerous. It is one of the most effective things you can take for arthritis-type issues, and for controlling inflammation/pain after knee surgery. But the side effects are very extreme: intestinal bleeding/perforation, heart problems, and liver toxicity. I am allergic to Ibuprofen and Alleve, so Clebrex was a life saver. But I am not willing to sacrifice my liver for it. The ER staff told me that they see very serious side effects in Celebrex patients.

Side effects-
I ended up in the emergency room in extreme pain and hyperventilating because of liver problems.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Jane Eaton

Celebrex Side Effects